Python is an interpreted, high-level, general-purpose programming language. Created by Guido van Rossum and first released in 1991, Python has a design philosophy that emphasizes code readability, notably using significant whitespace.
It provides constructs that enable clear programming on both small and large scales.
The language is named after the BBC show “Monty Python’s Flying Circus” and has nothing to do with reptiles.
Python is a dynamic, interpreted (bytecode-compiled) language. There are no type declarations of variables, parameters, functions, or methods in source code. This makes the code short and flexible, and you lose the compile-time type checking of the source code.
Python tracks the types of all values at runtime and flags code that does not make sense as it runs.
A few major websites utilizing Python include:
- Website maintenance contracts to monitor and repair problem pages according to current World Wide Web Consortium standards
- Website hosting to house, serve, and maintain files
- Internet marketing and promotion services to increasing traffic to websites using proven strategies
- Register and administer domain names
- Professional, high-quality and visually attractive website designs
- Custom graphic designs
- Design, Engineer and administer databases
- Create and maintain websites with static and dynamic content
- Ecommerce, Internet market, virtual storefront solutions